Thursday, August 11, 2011

Absence Makes the heart Grow Fonder



As a senior in college, my goal was not a diploma but a husband. I had dated but knew deep down inside that none of them were right for me. When Brandon walked in that first morning for work study, I knew that I was going to marry him some day! Ten years, 3 children, 7 years of serving in Haiti, I love that man more than the first time we spoke the words I LOVE YOU! I do not do well with being left alone, especially here in Haiti. Brandon is my support and my guide; I feel so lost when he is not with me! But as the saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and it is definitely true! I miss his laugh and crazy jokes, his shoulder to cry or fall asleep on, his wonderful way with the kids, his servant's heart. While absence makes the heart grow fonder, it also makes us realize how much we take that person for granted. I am thankful that 10 years ago, I married that man that I can't stand to be without!!

No comments:

Post a Comment