Sunday, August 7, 2011

Coming Back to the Heart of Worship



Music - It is such a big part of life and a major part of mine. I can't quitely remember the age that I started singing, but can remember recording myself on my little tape recorder around the age of 10. I have done so much research on music and worship. God loves for us to worship Him. John 4:24 says: "God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Sometimes after I sing, I think, "Did I prepare my heart before I stood before these people; did they receive a blessing through the words I sang or was my heart not what it should be and it showed forth in the song." As I watch Haitians during worship service in our church, it amazes me how they worship with all they have. Eyes closed, hands raised, voices lifted; praising HIM with all their heart, soul, and mind. These people know that the little they have, they have because God provided them with it. Our comforts and riches, sometimes, blind us to true worship and adoration for the ONE who provided and blessed us with those comforts and riches. As I use the talent that God has given me, I pray that my heart is right and my thoughts are truly on the words that I sing.









I walked in my kitchen a few months ago and God gave me 2 words: Grace Falling; and I couldn't go anywhere until I had written this song.


















Grace Falling Down





Verse 1




Guilty and Broken



No hope could be seen



Life ruined by weights



Of sin and of shame



Then through the clouds




Mercy poured down like rain






Chorus



Grace falling down

Grace falling down

Let your grace fall down

On a sinner condenmed

And let your blood that flowed free

Come and wash over me
And let your grace fall down





Verse 2



Now hope and peace



They brighten my life



No struggle within



Not burdened with strife



I'm soaked in your mercy



I'm forgiven and free





This is the reason we sing, this is the reason we give him our worship. He poured out his grace and mercy on us, and in return; we can use our voices in praise to Him.






I am not a person of eloquent speaking; I am not the greatest blogger, but as I sat here this evening, I just wanted to share a little of my heart. I love my family, but am not arts and craftsy; I really don't have that many talents, but God has given me a voice and I will glorify Him with the talent of song.



























No comments:

Post a Comment