Friday, October 15, 2010

The Hepatitis Blues (or yellows I should say)!

For a week and a half I had felt weird; such as fever and body aches in the evening time, I was cranky and irritable (my husband might would say, "What's New!"), and just not myself. On Thursday of last week, we had the opportunity to go on a date night to a very nice restaurant. Upon our return home, I started feeling odd but thought I had just eaten too much! Around 2:30 the next morning, I was pretty miserable with a nauseous stomach. I awoke bright and early to start making my breakfast for "Feelings Friday", and couldn't even lift my head off the pillow without feeling like I was going to throw up at any second. My wonderful husband put my cinnamon rolls in the oven and iced them and everything. Around 2:30 that afternoon, I ran to the bathroom and did the thing I hate to so the most, threw up!! I thought for sure that I would start to feel better but it only got worse. As I started realizing all my symptoms, they were very common to me. Kylee has just had all of them about a month ago, and was diagnosed with hepatitis A. Long story short, I am now a hideous yellow color, and have passed it on to my husband who is way worse than I was. He can't seem to stop vomiting and has been in bed for 4 days now. Living in a third world country, you can never be too cautious of things and I obviously wasn't cautious enough. Lesson learned and shots given; we are fighting to recovery. The hardest thing about it, is that we know it is Satan fighting with all he has. Our church doors are going to open on October 31st and he would like to do everything in his power to have us fail, but I serve a God who is greater than any sickness or any other obstacle that Satan will throw our way! God will receive the praise and the glory and souls will be saved through our efforts. Place us in your prayers as we continue to get well and stay healthy for His cause and His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment