Saturday, September 25, 2010

Can anyone say Peanut Butter Chocolate cake!



So, I got a chocolate cake mix and whipped up some homemade chocolate frosting but that was too boring for me; so, I added my own little twist -- PEANUT BUTTER! Cuz everything is better with peanut butta ya'll! (kinda stole that saying from Paula Dean, but don't tell her; I made it my own!). So, for you peanut butter chocolate lovers, YOU GOTTA TRY IT!




Peanut Butter Chocolate cake


1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used Dark Chocolate) - Prepared as directed on the box




Pour batter in 2 round cake pans and bake according to directions on box


(simple so far!)




Frosting


1 stick butter, softened


1 pound powdered sugar


2/3 cup cocoa powder


Vanilla or Almond extract


3-4 tablespoons milk


2 tablespoons peanut butter




Beat butter and powdered sugar until well mixed, add cocoa powder. Begin adding milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you have reached a spreadable consistency. Add Peanut butter and beat until well blended.




Let's put it together!


Place a little frosting on cake plate and place the first cake down. Spread some peanut butter over the top of the cake (PEANUT BUTTER! not the frosting!) Place second cake on top and ice witht the frosting!!




(So simple and sooooo yummy!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment