Friday, September 17, 2010

Homemade beginnings


When a new beginning is started off right, it usually ends wonderful! The beginning of this week, I wanted to start it off great, and made one of my husband's favorites: "Chicken Potpie". Of course, he requests homemade crust!! I love making things that he loves! I had many friends ask for the recipe so I thought what better way to post it than through my blog! This recipe makes 2 pies. I usually freeze one so that we have it for a fast meal.


Chicken PotPie (Makes 2)


2 Cups diced potatoes 3 Cups chicken broth

2/3 Cups chopped onion 1 1/2 Cups milk

1 Cup butter 4 Cups cubed chicken

1 Cup flour 2 cups frozen Veggies

Salt, Thyme, and Pepper Pastry for 4 pies(a top and bottom)

Boil Potatoes and set aside. Saute onion, in butter. Stir in flour and seasonings. Gradually stir in broth and milk; bring to a boil and cook unitl thickened. Add chicken, potatoes, and veggies. Remove from heat. Place filling in ready-made pie crust or homemade pie crust, and place another on top. Trim, seal and flute edges. bake @ 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly brown and filling is bubbly!



No comments:

Post a Comment